Earaches are a very widespread condition in children, second only to the common cold. If a simple buildup of earwax has been ruled out, the most likely culprit is inflammation of the middle ear, followed by infection.
Because of a cold or the flu, the canals in the middle ear can become swollen, trapping fluids inside. In this environment, viruses and bacteria can easily cause infections. Children are especially susceptible, as their inner ear is smaller and their immune system less resistant to germs.
Allergies and food sensitivities are another possible cause of inflammation. Emotional stress and cold rainy weather can also aggravate the condition.
It usually manifests as :
- Ear pain and redness ;
- A feeling of pressure inside the ear ;
- Hearing problems ;
- Fever or dizziness ;
- Discharge of infected fluid from the ear ;
- In infants, irritability, changes in apetite and difficulty sleeping.
Ear infections are not contagious, but the respiratory illnesses that lead to them might be, so make sure that your child washes their hands often.
Laser Acupuncture and Acupuncture has been proven to be a very safe and effective alternative to antibiotics in the treatment of persistant and chronic ear infections. It can relieve pain, speed up the recovery process and prevent hearing loss and other problems by strengthening the body's natural self-healing abilities. It will :
- Reduce inflammation by improving the circulation of blood and energy ;
- Unblock the middle ear canals, helping to drain out any remaining excess fluid ;
- Strengthen the immune system to fight infections and prevent them from coming back.
For more information or to book a free consultation meeting, don't hesitate to contact our clinic in Jerusalem.