Constipation is a condition which branches from the digestive system. It is essentially when an individual experiences difficulty passing stools or cannot fully empty their bowels regularly. This generally occurs due to a cause of two possible imbalances within the body.
- Excess-type Constipation – Excessive heat within the colon, therefore presenting a dry environment where stools become stale and difficult to pass through the body.
- Deficiency Constipation – Inadequate amount of fluids/blood within the body, which likely will result in the over expulsion of fluids from food consumed in the body. Following will create dryness and further constipation.
- Lack of fiber
- Dairy products
- Physical inactivity
- Changes in routine
- Certain medications
[contact_info_e title="Free consultation meeting here in Jerusalem"]
Foods which should be avoided:
- Products containing baking soda/powder
- Alcohol, tea
- Yeasted breads
- Refined foods (white flour, white sugar, white rice)
Foods to reach for:
- Cabbage, cauliflower, asparagus, sweet potato
- Papaya, coconut, figs
- Bran (derived from oat, wheat, rice)
- Sauerkraut, miso, kefir, rejuvelac